Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First Post

An introduction -  My name is Steven Barrett.  I live in Toms Brook, Virginia, USA, which is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.  I've lived my whole life in the South and the past thirty years of it in Virginia.  Probably more than anything else this Southern heritage has shaped my life into who I am.  It would seem that the thread from which you are woven makes the fabric of your creative muse.

I've always believed that knowing something of an artist's life is to better understand their art.  Something is lost (not understood) by not knowing who they are.  So, rather than being a faceless art robot, it's my hope that I can reveal a little of myself here and provide some insight into my motivation as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment